Food Prowl Team with Abhishek Karnani – Restaurant Manager (Extreme Left) – Chef Kaushik Misra and Ms. Neha Jain (Second from Right)
Restaurant Name: Buzz
Location: The Gateway Hotel, Xion Complex, Wakad Road, Hinjewadi, Pune, Maharashtra 411057.
Buzz: +91-20-6658 4040
The Asian Wok and Grill Festival
Food Prowl Team was invited for a food tasting of delicacies served at the Asian Wok and Grill Festival being held at Buzz, The Gateway Hotel from 4th November 2016 – 18th November 2016.
Lunch Buffet is priced at ₹946 (inclusive of all taxes) and Dinner Buffet priced at ₹1165 (inclusive of all taxes).
The Gateway Hotel is a part of Taj Hotels which is one of the oldest and largest hospitality brands in the country.
Mr. Abhishek Karnani – Restaurant Manager, welcome us and gave us a background about the Festival and also introduced us to Head Chef Kaushik Misra.
Once we settled down we were served the Starters followed by the Main course.
1. Momos – Vegetable, Pakchoy and Golden Garlic and Chicken, Celery and Chinese Wine: Brilliant flavors, hot steamed wheat momos were served and they were absolute stunners.
2. Cantonese Chicken Soup: Chicken broth, Mushroom, Vegetable. Clear soup loaded with shredded chicken, veggies, egg whites and infused with special Chinese rice wine. Must try.
3. Shitake, Black fungus, Tofu in Black Bean Sauce: Chef special and I must say such a deserving one.
4. Roasted Drunken Lamb Stir fried with Broccoli and Tobanjan: The show stealer of this festival. For this alone I would not mind going again. Amazing stuff.
5. Stir Fried Chicken, Asian Green’s, House Made Mustard Sauce: The first time I have tried this combination with mustard sauce. Great fusion of flavors.
6. Crispy Vegetable Sichuan Chilli: For veggie lovers this is a good option.
7. Stir Fried Shoots, Water Chestnut, Asparagus and Broccoli with Coriander and Garlic Sauce: One more veggie delight with wonderful crunch of asparagus and broccoli.
8. Chilli Prawn, Butter and Garlic: This was another show stealer. You cannot really go wrong with prawns in butter garlic sauce.
9. Chinese Five Spiced Wok Fried Fish: The first time I have tried this style of fish preparation. We had to repeat this twice. Another must try.
10. Pan Fried Egg Noodles: Paired with Kopitan Yellow Curry and Vegetable Red Curry
11. Kopitan Yellow Curry (Chicken): Please do not miss this one. One of best I have had.
12. Vegetable red Curry: Subtle flavors, no over powering additives or spices. Went well with the noodles and fried rice we requested for.
Dessert Platter – Date Walnut Cake, Sticky Rice and Mango Pudding, Litchi and Pineapple pastry: My favorite from this platter was the Sticky Rice and Mango Pudding. No artificial sweeteners added. The sweetness came from the Alphonso Mango pulp and coconut milk.
Special mention for the Chocolate Pudding which we tired from their regular buffet; which by the way is huge with more than 30 different dishes and around 13-14 desserts.
We were completely blown away by the presentation of the dishes and mocktails served. The natural and undiluted flavors of the dishes were certainly the high point of the food served.
An extended interaction with the Head Chef Kaushik Misra, Restaurant Manager – Mr. Abhishek Karnani and General Manager – Mr. Albert Rebello (which normally we do not see many GM’s personally interacting with people) indicating how seriously and willingly they took the feedback from us about all that we experienced in our food tasting.
Special mention for the wonderful arrangements made for us despite being a full house with the Indian Super League Football Team – Atletico De Kolkata having lunch amongst other guests.
The Gateway Hotel will soon be re-branded as the Taj Gateway Hotel and they also have a roof top restaurant coming up. They also serve Varadhi Thali only on Saturday’s, which we are very eager to try out soon.
Overall, The Gateway Hotel scored full marks in every department be it Food, Service and Hospitality.
The Gateway Hotel, Hinjawadi, Pune, India | Food Prowl – The Hunger Stories
no images were found